Friday, May 29, 2020

2020 School Post (Super Quick Edition)

A friend asked me to jot down what we were doing for school in the coming year and so I thought it was about time to write it up here.  It looks like I forgot to do it last year!  Oops!  Maybe sometime I will get around to looking back and jotting that down as well.  For now...

Summer School

We are not taking a real summer break.  My big kids have some great work opportunities and we are building a house right now so we need more flexible time off than we need one huge chunk in the summer.  But we are doing some things that are different this summer.  Here is a quick rundown.

Bible (wrapping up Bible Road Trip Year 1 and doing misc Bible studies)
Trim Healthy You (oldest 4 kids)
Artistic Pursuits (Riley, Remy, Oliver, Olivia, and Zach in 3 different levels once or twice a week)
Cooking-- I am making it a priority to have the kids cook with me and cook meals on their own.
Exercise-- the boys are all over this :0)
Work--taking the many work opportunities that present themselves with family and neighbors.
Greek (details below)
Catechism--I wrote one based on the ideas in this book but I made it my own.
Teaching Reading to Oliver and Olivia
Story of the World with Oliver, Olivia, and Zach
School Time with the Millers Oliver, Olivia and Zach

2020 School Year

All the kids have Daddy School with Jeremy in the morning one or two mornings a week for 30 minutes or so (the older 4 in one group and the younger 3 in another group, Brooke hasn't started yet since she is only 18 months :0).  He works on Bible Drills, Theology, Catechism, and Scripture Memory.  Sometimes they just go on tangents and talk about the Bible and how it applies to life.

Aiden 12th grade
Greek (Still deciding what to use)

Alex 11th grade
Greek (Still deciding what to use)
Jerry Bridges book to be determined

Riley 9th grade
Answers in Genesis Physics I have an older version of this that has more to do with physics
Other Physics Resources (He LOVES this!)
Teaching Textbooks Algebra (I have my kids take Algebra 1 twice since it is foundational to so many other things.  TT is not my favorite since it is all on the computer, but it is easy to use and I don't mind to use it as a supplement to Math U See Algebra.)
Other Assigned Reading about science and devotional life

Remy 7th Grade

Oliver 2nd Grade
Answers in Genesis Biology I have an older edition.  We just do the small "beginner" section.

Olivia Kindergarten
Story of the World Book 1 (coloring pages and read aloud)
Answers in Genesis Biology I have an older edition.  We just do the small "beginner" section.
Misc Activites

Zach Preschool
Story of the World Book 1 (coloring pages and read aloud)
Misc Activities







No comments: