I made these for breakfast yesterday and they were SO DELICIOUS! Thanks Tricia for posting the recipe and photos!
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
10 oz jelly (black raspberry jam is best!)* (I used Seedless Blackberry)
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Do not grease the pan prior to baking (8x8 or 9x9).
4. Press out half of mixture into bottom of pan.
5. Cover with black raspberry preserves.
6. Cover top with remainder of oatmeal mixture (you can sort of press out large pieces and drop it on top).
7. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
8. Cut into squares (about 1 in) immediately after taking it out of the oven. Let cool (can eat them still warm)
You can also double the recipe. The bars freeze nicely - then can be warmed in the microwave.
*the jam can be hard to find at Walmart. Publix and Kroger usually have it.