Friday, November 23, 2007

Favorite Christmas Books...

Well, these are my favorite Christmas books having to do with the warm and fuzzy side of Christmas. I will have to have another post at another time to mention books about the theology of Christmas.

Book Recommendation #1: Unplug the Christmas Machine. I first heard about this book in the Complete Tightwad Gazette (another favorite book of mine). It is a great book about how to really enjoy the season and do what is most important to you and your family. It has a lot of very practical suggestions and even a few recipes. You can get a used copy for $2.50 plus shipping on Amazon. It will change the way you think about the season.

Book Recommendation #2: The Twelve Blessings of Christmas. This is one of those coffee table books that is inpsiring just to look at. But, it is more than just pretty artwork. It has some really fun ideas and yummy simple recipes. A few years ago I gave a few copies as gifts. There are used copies of this one for 89 cents plus shipping on Amazon. I hope you like these as much as I do.

No comments: