The idea of Blue Zones is interesting to me. It is not from a Christian point of view, so it is obviously lacking a lot of insight into how to live a long and happy life. But there are still things to be learned from their research. From the website:
We studied the verifiable parts of the world where people live the longest and report the highest levels of well-being. We distill their lifestyle lessons and then, working with top scientists, offer ways for you to learn, measure and act on your own longevity and happiness.
Power 9™ are specific lifestyle habits shared by the world’s longest living people. Here they are in summary:
1. Keep Moving - Find ways to move naturally, such as walking, gardening, using fewer labor saving devises.
2. Find Purpose - And pursue it with passion.
3. Slow Down - Work less, rest, take vacations.
4. Stop Eating - When you are 80 percent full.
5. Dine on Plants - Eat more veggies, and less meat and processed foods.
6. Drink Red Wine - Do it consistently but in moderation.
7. Join a Group - Create a healthy social network.
8. Feed Your Soul - Engage in spiritual activities.
9. Love Your Tribe - Make family a high priority.