Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pancake Verdict (and *my* recipe)

I confess that I was not nuts about the pancake recipe in that last post. One problem was that I did not have unsalted butter and I forgot to adjust the amount of added salt accordingly. They were not gross, but were a tad salty. Also, it mentions adding up to 1 cup of milk to thin the batter in the morning. Well, when I stirred the batter to assess the thickness they were so thin that I actually had to add 1 cup of flour to keep them from being as flat as a sheet of paper! I may have done something wrong, but I did double check things and nothing comes to mind. Oh well. I was excited to try something new, but the truth is...I love *my* little pancake recipe. I can't even remember where I got it. But this recipe makes terrific homemade pancakes every time. Try it out and see if you agree.

Brandy's Pancakes

1 egg
3/4 c milk
1 T sugar (brown or white)
2 T oil
1 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt

Whisk together well and let it sit for a bit while you heat up the griddle. Pour 1/4c batter on griddle for each pancake and leave it until bubbles burst in the middle and the edges begin to look dry. Flip it and cook another 2-3 minutes. Serve with any of the following: butter, peanut butter, homemade strawberry freezer jam (yum!), and of course syrup! I triple this recipe to make enough for my family. Also I use "T" for tablespoon and "t" for teaspoon.

No comments: