Thursday, August 25, 2011

Two Links and a Thought

Here is a great article about applying the gospel in mothering. It went right along with something I found here last week.

WWMD

What Would Mama Do?

What kind of example do I set for my kids? How do I use my free time? What do I do when things go all wrong? What do I do when I sin against someone (especially against my husband or kids)? Do I ask forgiveness? Do I cover over the sins of others? Do I abstain from gossiping? Do I make excuses for my sinful behaviors (PMS, just really stressed, overwhelmed, tired)? Do I feel like I have to be perfect? Do I live in the joy of the Lord even when I have to really seek it out? Do I pick up after myself? Do I work hard? Do I enjoy spending time with my family? Do I happily serve others? Am I generous? Do I listen well? Do I pray? Do I pray for the needs of those outside my family? Do I serve those outside my family? Do I serve any widows or any orphans in any way? Do I even think about them? Do I read my bible? Often? Do I love God and call Him my friend?

When my children face life everyday can I exhort them (as Paul did) to follow my example? I don't know about you, but that is a helpful thing to think about when I am trying to figure out what to do or how to spend my time. I don't want to feel like I must live perfectly before them, because they won't be perfect either. But I do want to show them a good example and what to do when they mess up. I want them to be so many things. To love God with their heart, soul, mind, and strength. To love their neighbor as themselves. To extend and receive forgiveness and move on. To be thankful. So I must be and do those things. After all, more is caught than taught.

No comments: