Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Banana Bread

It is always fun when you find your version of a classic. I mean the one that you make again and again. The one that your kids will refer to when they say, "My mom's banana bread is yummy." I have been wanting to store my favorites online. What better way than to share them with friends here!

Banana Bread
1 c sugar
1/2 c butter
2 eggs
3 or 4 bananas (about 1 1/2 c mashed)
1/2 c buttermilk (or milk with 1 T vinegar in a pinch)
1 t vanilla
2 1/2 c flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda

Mix all ingredients together well and pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans or 24 greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until tests done in the middle (about 20 minutes for muffins).

It is really fun to make with this:

I got my dough wisk from King Arthur Flour. As much as I love my Kitchen Aid mixer, sometimes it is nice to just use your own muscles :0)

No comments: