Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls


I love them. I really love cinnamon rolls. I have tried numerous recipes during our almost 10 years of marriage and have never found one that was worth making twice...until now. Here is a wonderful recipe that makes 7 round pans of rolls. You can make a smaller batch, give them away, or make them and freeze them for later. I froze them and they were still great. I have a couple of notes about this recipe. When she says pour 1 1/2 to 2 cups of melted butter on the dough, that is for the entire recipe, not just the 1/2 that you just rolled out. That goes for the 1 cup of sugar too. I made this mistake the first time and had a lake of cinnamon, sugar, and butter on my counter when I tried to roll them up. Second, I loved the maple icing, but this recipe would also be great with a cream cheese icing. I hope you like them!

2 comments:

Miss Lori Akin said...

Wow~ I am impressed...they look so good! I think you should freeze some for me!!! :)

Deana said...

Thanks for the tip! I made these and they were so good!