Thursday, January 24, 2008

From a forward...

I got a forwarded e-mail today and took this little excerpt from it to share with you...
~~~~~~~~~
When I really think about it, I don't want my son to tell the friend he's bringing home from college for Thanksgiving, 'My Mom gets up at 4 in the morning and bakes homemade pies, and then she hand bastes a turkey for three hours and presses all the linens for the table.' That would mean I'd built a shrine or a monument to myself. I just want him to want to come home. And then, if there is anything more to say to his friend, to add, 'You're gonna love it there.'
~~~~~~~~~~
How true. I hope that that is what we are creating here: a home that does put extra demands on our adult kids...that does not stress them out. Instead I want to create a home that comforts and blesses them. A home that they can't wait to visit. And, I hope that we are, by then, friends that they can't wait to sit down and chat with.

No comments: