Thursday, January 24, 2008

When I Can't Find a Parking Space

My sweet husband forwarded this post to me and I really got a lot out of it. I will give a little teaser, but I highly recommend reading the real thing. Just save it until you have 5 free minutes and read it then. It is very applicable to anyone living the christian life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rich Bledsoe says that when we get all miffed because we can't find a parking spot (or can't...you fill in the blank) we should train ourselves to give thanks because that is the training ground for much bigger things. If we are used to grumbling when little things go wrong then what will we do when the big disaster hits our life? We train ourselves to give thanks in all things knowing that there is a reason that God has ordained these little inconveniences. He also wrote a follow up dealing with how to balance grief and thanksgiving. Very good!

No comments: