I got tagged by my friend Jennifer and so here goes...
1. Are you rooting for the Patriots or Giants?
The Giants. Ok I know it is a little late to be saying that, but really...I had no opinion and my husband nearly always roots for the underdog. So I went with him on this and it went well!
2. Seven choices of vacation. Pick one:
a. Beach house, white sand, great waves
b. Condo in the mountains; view of snowy peaks
c. Nice hotel in New York City with tickets to the latest Broadway show
d. Tour of historic sites and museums in Greece and Italy
e. Bed and breakfast with time for antiquing
f. Home–sleeping in, hanging out, and doing stuff you don’t usually have time to do
g. I prefer not to take vacations.
I would have to say D. I want to go to Europe really bad! But, A comes in at a close second because I LOVE the beach.
3. Coffee drinker? If no, why? If yes, sugar, cream, or neither?
Just barely. I love cold coffee drinks from Starbucks, but if it is regular hot coffee I have to have about 1/4 cup flavored creamer mixed in!
4. What’s the last book you read (or are you in the middle of reading)?
100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum by Cathy Duffy. I am loving this book. It has some really helpful questions for you to answer that make you think through your philosophy of education. I feel like I have a better grasp of what I want my kids to know and be by the time they are done with their schooling. This book made me think long term and see where we are headed. I think I want to rethink the questions it asks every year or two. It also points out limitations that need to be considered: time and budget. With an infant, 1 1/2 year old, 3 year old, and 5 year old I need to be realistic about the amount of time I can devote to planning and doing "grand" things. I need to focus on the most important things and do those well and then see what else we can fit in.
5. You’re at the grocery store, waiting in the check-out line with a cart full of stuff. You glance over your shoulder for a moment, wondering whether you should have picked up an extra package of waffles. When you turn around, you notice that a lady has cut in line in front of you. Your eyes meet. She glowers and starts to put her items on the belt. You:
a. Grumble to yourself but don’t say anything out loud. You dislike scenes.
b. Say, “Excuse me, ma’am, but I was next in line.” That’s about as far as you’d take it, though.
c. March over to the belt, push her items onto the floor, and tell her that she and her cream of mushroom soup can go get in line like everybody else.
d. Grab your cell phone and snap a picture of the lady, thinking “Yes! I’ve got something good to blog about!”
I would probably do A. However, I have been taking my three little boys to the grocery store with me lately. I have Aiden and Alex in the cart, Rily on my back in the Ergo, and the added bonus of my large pregnant belly...people usually are quite helpful! I think it would take a really mean person to cut in front of me!
6. Please share two or three links of things that made you laugh. Out loud. A blog post, a cartoon, a YouTube clip–whatever.
I can't think of a thing! I know that is so sad, but I have some things I need to so I don't even have time to find something funny. Oh well...