Monday, February 04, 2008

Quote from Femina

Here is the link to the full post, but I really loved this part:

You know that wonderful story about the widow making bread with the last of her oil for Elijah? I was realizing that if I hold back on what I give my kids because I feel like there won’t be enough to go around (I am not talking about love or affection, just energy!), then there usually isn’t. But if I start out the morning pouring, the oil just keeps coming all day long. I don’t know if you have experienced this, but the days when you just try to “manage” the kids turn into the most exhausting, wretched days for everyone. On the other hand, if you get up in the morning with a “let’s make play-dough” attitude, everything seems to go better.

One of the lovely things about the story of the widow is that the miracle does not happen until you start to pour in faith. If you just sit in your bedroom waiting to feel full, it is just not going to happen. This kind of jug only fills while it is pouring, and there really will be enough to go around!

No comments: