Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Mystery of Marriage

I mentioned The Mystery of Marriage a while back. Well, I just finished it and I have to say I was not disappointed! It was terrific! It is not so much a how to manual or full of *advice*, but rather a book that fleshes out all that marriage IS. I highly recommend this book. I will be posting more quotes soon, but for now I will leave you with this:

pg 153
Rightness, whenever it seeks to dominate, becomes wrongness, no matter how right it may be.

So we give in to God because he is strong and good, and we give in to others because they are weak and sinful (me here: he explained earlier that they NEED our love and support), and in the final analysis there are only two parites to whom we must not give in, and those two are ourselves and the Devil.

No comments: