Sunday, August 23, 2009

Prayer

In the last six months or so, I have been reminded of the importance of diligent, ongoing prayer (including making time for confession of sin). I have been working on learning how to be a better "pray-er". So, it is especially timely that I should come across these terrific quotes:

John Henry Newman:
Prayer is to the spiritual life what the beating of the pulse and the drawing of the breath are to the life of the body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Luther:
As it is the business of tailors to make clothes and of cobblers to mend shoes, so it is the business of Christians to pray.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Terry Glaspey:
Prayer is a work to which we must commit ourselves if we are to make sense of our lives in the light of eternity.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Great quotes! Speaking of quoting, wanted to let you know that I just quoted your recent comment on Femina on my blog. :) Hope that is ok with you!